Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Mostly backbends this time

I know I said we'd twist, but I'm planning a twisting practice for my morning home practice and I really like the work we did with the rope wall in this Brooke Myers class I took in NYC and want to take advantage of the rope wall. So here's a backbend sequence with a few twists added in.

Back Bend Sequence based on a Brooke Myer Level 3 class I took in NYC Saturday afternoon. Additions are my own marked by (A).


AMVira with support for hands and head.
AMS with blocks for hands.
Utt concave back turn arms back ala swati (A)
AMS with blocks again.
AMVrk various attempts kicking up one and both legs, trying to balance, pretend wall is closer than it is, come down if you hit the wall.
PM with belt, block and blanket roll.
Sirsasana,
Parsva sirsasana
Parsva sirsasana in virasana
Rope I static and moving (A)
Rope back bend, supported in middle rope with blanket for back, long rope on bottom rung, reach over to get strap and walk hands in. did for a while.
Back bend over a chair, back of chair toward wall, build up height as needed with blankets on back of chair, feet on base of chair, coil over and bring hands to the wall. Then lower hips and walk hands down more, then raise hips, then repeat several times.
Chair dwi pada (A)
Dwi pada on floor elbows near wall but don’t have to touch wall, bring elbow wide at first and slide it in. then used blocks for elbows to give more room to pump chest.
Push up and down between dwi pada and urdva D a few times.
Chair twists
M3 (A)
Ardha Matysendrasana (A)
Halsana
Parsva Halasana
Sarvangasana
Eka pada sarvangasana
Parsva eka pada sarvangasana
Long savasana.

see you Friday.

No comments: