HEre's a Patricia Sequence I'll lead us through on Friday.
Observe the quality of your mind as defined in chapter 3
Eka Pada Supta Virasana
• then bring leg into parvanmuktasana.
• Use height you need to keep pelvis level.
Adho Mukha Svanasana
Urdhva Mukha Svanasana
Tadasana, UH, Uttanasana Parsvottanasana -AMS Eka Pada - AMS to Parivritta AC to AC to Eka pada AMS to UMuka Svanasana (eka pada sort of in the transition not in the pose) then AMS jump to Utt and to tadasana. Did twice
AMVrk of your choice
PM holding block with palms (THUMBS UP), then regular then palms turned up.
• Privrtta Eka Pada – feet apart to come up lift from the outer hips
• Virasana…feel like you are dropping back but keep lumbar long
o 1 move the top sternam forward
o Abdomen forward
o Knees back
o Toes down
o 2 move the mid-sternum
o Ab forward
o Knees back
o Toes down
Chair DWI Pada - three stages, Chair back bends are more for the organic body
1. arms pushing the top bar side to lengthen the trunk – arms straight
2. elbows down and pull to coiling the chest
3. Reach underneath chair and get back bar and coil and pull more, have legs extended.
4. Block or rolled sticky mat under tail bone. (Thighs belted and lower hips belted in all of these).
5. Block under the shoulder blades
Chair Dwi Pada
• block underneath upper back, put it where you need it, (flashbacks of prepare yourself).
• bringing hands to front chair legs (strap on chair legs)
• strap on toes or ankles and tail of strap going toward head, as you stretch the legs out the arms walk back the strap behind head, (all of these were pretty brutally long holds)
Eka Pada viparita Dandasana, on chair
• try to come up and down with the top leg in bent position
• arms in stage three (holding back of chair)
• create as much space as possibility between legs really stretch through toes on both legs. (we might have done this twice)
• Chair at the wall - pelvis against chair to create height and then coil with feet apart then together
• Turn around do drop backs bringing head to chair seat – you can use a blanket or block
Dwi Pada from Urdhva Dhanurasana hands on blocks bring head down, then back get height and verticality in chest
Dwi Pada blanket underneath head
Dwi Pada block behind head
Dwi Pada ankles belts feet at wall start with knees at wall and get height then walk elbows out
Kopotasana first with bolster behind legs then reach hands to wall, wall down wall, as much of full pose as possible.
Upright Upavista Konasana
BK on height
Supta BK flat with support under thighs
The Blog is in BV. A couple of practice notes and photos from yesterday - In yoga related news, I got a nice practice in yesterday morning before lunch. I'm working a lot with the padmasana poses on the Junior 3 syllabus...
3 days ago