Thursday, January 12, 2012

Backbends from the Manouso Intensive this Friday

Devon will lead us through a backbend series from the recent Manouso birthday intensive. I can't wait. I've been forward bending all week. I know there are backbends in forward bends, but still it will feel good to drop back.

Saturday January 7
The backbend class

Bit of a shoulder drill
Prasarita padottanasa
Parsvottanasana
Two ways
Virabhadrasana I
Sirsasana I
Parsva sirsasana
Parivrtta ekapada sirsasana
Chair Urdhva Dhanurasana
Three ways
Urdhva Dhanurasana (Classical)
Urdhva dhanurasana Classical with partners
Eka Pada Dwi Pada Viparita Dandasana on chair
Ustrasana four times
Kapotasana on chair
Dwi Pada Viparita Dandasana II on chair Variation
Urdhva dhanurasana
Two variants
Dropover Practice.
Sarvangasana on chair
Savasana

1 comment:

danii said...

hi! i had a question- what was the variation with the dwi pada viparitas and the chair?

i'm in dc, i think that your sequence posts are great.

thanks!