Sunday, September 21, 2008

Anne's Saturday Class at Yoga Yoga South

I teach an ongoing Hatha Class Saturday mornings at Yoga Yoga South. I just started the class in September. Prior to that, I had been teaching the same class up at Yoga Yoga Northwest. Well, not the same class, but the class at the same time slot. Yoga Yoga has four different locations and really pretty much serves very different sets of students at each location. There are the north people and the south people.

SO somewhere between 6-10 people show up. My boyfriend, Jeff, some of Christina's students like Jeremiah, Lisa, Ari come and then people just showing up for an early hatha class with a range of experience from 6 months to 6 years. There is not much Iyengar Yoga at Yoga Yoga since Jessica Montgomery left and so even people who have practiced for a while are new to Iyengar. I follow the first week standing poses, second week forward bending, third week backward bending, fourth week pranayama/restorative/ things that support a pranayama practice schedule.

It is a fun low key class with lots of individual attention, instruction. the class would be great for beginners though it is small enough that I can give refinements to advanced students as well. I look forward to seeing how the class grows.

Come check it out.

No comments: