Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Devon's Yoga for Happiness Class

Yesterday, I subbed for Devon at her Yoga for Happiness Class. I attend this class pretty regularly. It is an absolutely transcendent restorative experience. Typically, she starts off each class with a supported savasana, three blocks, two under chest, one under the head, sand bags on shoulders (supported by two additional blocks), sandbags on palms and on thighs. We stay there about 20 minutes. Lovely. Then, she does varied sequences. I always feel so much better after that class. It is where I just give myself permission to slow down. Devon is incredibly knowledgeable about the effects of these poses. I also learn a lot by watching her work with the students and their special needs of various sorts. There are anywhere from 5-10 people in the class. Most people are in their late forties to mid sixties..

A truly wonderful experience. Come check it out.

No comments: