Friday, February 20, 2015

Anne is leading Backbends today

This sequence is for my Laurie Blakeney  online mentoring assignment.


Create a sequence using all the backbends from the 4 syllabi (Intro 1 -I.Jr 2). Also include one backbend from I.Jr. 3 as a “touch and go” pose.  

Include a few other asanas from other categories that share the essential actions. After practicing the sequence a few times write a report telling how the essential actions refine all the poses, and why you think the Jr. 3 backbend is considered a more difficult asana in the progression of our syllabi

I haven't included enough other  poses and I included both junior 3 backbends,  but  I thought we'd  explore this together. 

My essential Urdhva  D actions are 

1.   Open groin (Front groin particularly)- paired with hamstring buttock action on back of  leg
2.    Length in side body, particularly arm pits lats  to help get arms straight in overhead plan
3.    Shoulder blade  engagement/placement on back
 


For  essential  Dwi Pada  actions,   I think all those are important, but for  point  two I would add  open armpits with bent arms in the overhead plan  and for      point three  I would change to emphasize the coiling in the upper  back  in addition to  "just  getting the shoulder blades on the back"     





Am  Swastikasana
Parsva AM Swastikasana
Parvatasana in Swastikasana
AMS
Calf mashing
Gomukasana
Supta virasana
AMS
Tadsana
Vrksana
Parsvakonasana
Parihasana
Parivrtta parsvkonsana
AMS
Vira I and III
AMS
AMvrk
PM
Sirsasana
Parsva  and  virasana
Paryanksana on brick arms overhead  (various work)
Salabasana
Makarasana
Dhanurasana
Parsva D
Bhekasana
Chaturanga
Bhujangasana
UMS
AMS
Virasana
Ustrasana
Dwi Pada on Chair (intro 2
Urdhva D on chair (intro 2
Urdhva from  two bolsters
Chair dwi pada work
Urdhva D from  Floor
Dwi Pada from Floor
AMVrk
Hanuman with chair
Various Twists
Chair Halasana
Sarvangansa
Paschimo
Savasana

No comments: